Summer Helper – Mover/Packer Assistant – Household Goods
Capital Movers & Storage – Trenton, Ontario
Summer Moving Helper
- Household goods moving/storage/packing experience
- Experience in office furniture installation or similar an asset
- High School graduate, some college/university
- Physical fitness—able to work long hours at physically demanding tasks
- Bilingualism an asset
Overview of Job Scope: Assist drivers, and work with a team of movers and packers to load/unload, pack/unpack household or office goods during all phases of the move. Assist Installers with commercial moves, office furniture installation.
- Assist with the loading and unloading of household goods shipments, at residences and warehouse
- Competently performs assigned pack/unpack and load/unload duties with supervision
- Assist with loading/unloading of appliances and fine furniture
- Assist with packing/unpacking of breakable items
- Is compliant with Walker’s/Capital Group Policies & Procedures and Van Line policies.
- Maintain clean and safe work area.
- Assist with truck/trailer upkeep including folding of moving blankets, breaking down of packing material, washing vehicle and equipment as required
- Good organizational skills
- Fast learner; able to take on new tasks and areas of responsibility in a short timeframe
- Customer service
- Capable of lifting up to 75 pounds
- Attention to detail
- Good team-player—enjoys working with others to accomplish goals
Type of Job: Summer Position
Hourly Wage/Salary: TBD
Closes: June 30, 2017
To apply follow these instructionsPlease apply online using the webform at:
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.