Student Wellness Counsellor
FNTI (First Nations Technical Institute) – Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory
- Master’s degree in a relevant field and three years of experience, or a Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years’ experience in a related field or, a combination of education and experience deemed appropriate by FNTI
- Must have demonstrated experience working within an Indigenous counselling framework and must have experience working with Indigenous students
- Knowledge of the Indigenous best practices for supporting wellness
- Knowledge of counselling theories and models, crisis intervention, social problems, sociological issues, and psycho-social assessment
- Knowledge of unique challenges faced by Indigenous students and First Generation students
- Ability to develop trust and a positive working relationship with students and stakeholders
- Knowledge of FIPPA
** Please download posting for complete information
The Student Wellness Counsellor’s primary function is to provide professional mental health supports and counselling to all FNTI students based on an Indigenous framework of healing and wellness. The Counsellor will be required to travel extensively to delivery sites across the province to support the health and well-being of all FNTI students.
The Counsellor will also work closely with the Vice President, Enrolment Management and Student Services and the Director, Student Success and Service Delivery to develop, implement and evaluate a comprehensive wellness strategy that considers the full range of student experiences, including Indigenous and non-Indigenous, LGBTQ2, resident and commuter, and discipline-specific needs.
The Counsellor will provide leadership to achieve the goals and vision of wellness services which requires working on cross-functional teams with staff in other related areas to provide low-barrier access to student mental health services.
Type of Job:
Hourly Wage/Salary: To be determined
Closes: September 28, 2018
To apply follow these instructions
Please forward your resume, including two references, by September 28, 2018 at 12:00 pm, to:
Leah Brant, Senior HR Generalist
FNTI - 3 Old York Road, Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory, ON K0K 1X0
Email: HR@fnti.net Online: www.fnti.net
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.