Student Success Facilitator
FNTI (First Nations Technical Institute) – Tyendinaga, ON
- Relevant 2-year diploma with experience, preferably, in an Indigenous educational environment.
- A combination of education, training and experience which FNTI deems to be equivalent;
- As travel to certain sessions and meetings is required, must posses a valid Ontario class ‘G’ drivers license;
- FNTI provides preference to those applicants with Indigenous Ancestry.
(Aboriginal Employment Preferences Policy)
- Establish and sustain student relationships by maintaining on-going communication with students of assigned cohorts; assisting them with all course/program related non-academic issues, responding to enquiries between sessions, aligning appropriate resources, etc.
- Forwarding information to the Records Office such as confirmed class lists and grades in a timely manner.
- Produce student records, such as; progression charts for PAG, grade reports, potential student completion lists;
- Organizing and leading student relationship building through cultural activities such as; feasts, crafting, assisting with ceremonies, etc.
- Responding to general program enquiry as part of admissions process, including enquiries with regard to partner admissions processes;
- Post offer/enrolment, maintain frequent contact with students, answering enquiries and providing program information up to the start of the first session;
- Supports student through the advance standing credit process by receiving complete information from the student for Prior Learning Assessments (P.L.A) and/or transfer credits and forward to the Records Office in a timely manner;
- Set up aspects of session/delivery; order books, other learning materials; instructional technical supplies; projector, television, powerpoint, snacks, transports or arranges to have materials delivers on-site
- Provides last minute logistical support as required; photocopies, break-out rooms;
- Prepare, execute and collate feedback for student evaluations Liaise with other members of the Program Team and FNTI staff
Type of Job: Full-Time
Hourly Wage/Salary: To be discussed
Closes: July 27, 2018
To apply follow these instructionsPlease forward your resume, including two references, by July 27, 2018 at 12:00 p.m. to
Karen Brant – Operation Officer
Thank you for your interest in working with FNTI. However, only
those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.