Golden Beach Resort – Roseneath, Ontario
Golden Beach Resort is a Premiere 4 Season Resort on the shores of Rice Lake, Ontario. We offer Cottages, Condo Suites, Daily, Seasonal and Extended Season Recreational Camping.
Golden Beach Resort is dedicated to creating family memories that will last a life time. The management and crew of Golden Beach Resort are committed to creating those memories that will last for generations. The Sous Chef will work in a fast-paced environment under pressure.
Responsibilities and duties:
This is a hands-on position which will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Leads kitchen team in chef’s absence
- Provides guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, but not limited, to line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating.
- Clean kitchen and work areas.
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Ensures a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance
- Keeps cooking stations stocked, especially before and during prime operation hours
- Hires and trains new kitchen employees to restaurant and kitchen standards
- Manages food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and minimizes waste, plus works with existing systems to improve waste reductions and manage budgetary concerns
- Supervise all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and restaurant standards
- Works with head chef to maintain kitchen organization, staff ability, and training opportunities
- Verifies that food storage units all meet standards and are consistently well managed
- Assists head chef with menu creation
- Prepare stock required
- Coordinates with restaurant management team on supply ordering, budget, and kitchen efficiency and staffing
Type of Job: Full-Time
Hourly Wage/Salary: $18.00 per hour
Hours: Full-time hours
Closes: August 24, 2018
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.