Secondary School Teacher (.5 FTE)
FNTI (First Nations Technical Institute) – Tyendinaga, ON
Term : August 27, 2018 – June 28, 2019
Ohahase Education Centre requires teacher for a variety of subject areas, in particular: Mohawk Language and Native Studies;
including: English, Social Sciences/Humanities, Canadian and World Studies
FNTI’s Ohahase Education Centre provides Grades 9 – 12 programming with particular emphasis on Mohawk culture. Ohahase is a Ministry of Education inspected, private high school, guided by the Ontario Curriculum and Growing Success documents, and operates a secondary school program and an adult education program.
The successful candidates will possess:
- A B.Ed. in J/I or I/S, with a relevant undergraduate degree.
- Membership, in good standing, with the Ontario College of Teachers
- Experience working with students with a variety of academic, behavioural and/or emotional needs
- A valid driver’s license and a satisfactory CPIC/vulnerable population clearance
- FNTI provides preference to those applicants with Indigenous Ancestry.
(Aboriginal Employment Preferences Policy)
The successful candidates will:
- Participate as members of the Ohahase team
- Be required to take on a variety of teaching assignments and may have responsibilities in both program areas
- Follow and enhance the curriculum guidelines for Ontario
- Understand and implement the principles of “Growing Success”
- Utilize various teaching, learning, assessment, and evaluation strategies to meet the
- individual needs of our students
- Prepare and maintain daily, unit, and long-range lesson plans
- Integrate Mohawk culture and traditions in all curricular areas to the extent possible
- Prepare and maintain IEPs, as required
- Supervise students in a variety of situations, including field trips and special events
Type of Job:
Hourly Wage/Salary: To be discussed
Hours: .5 FTE
Closes: August 3, 2018
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.