Education: Undergraduate degree in Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical/Software)
PMP designation would be an asset
Experience: Minimum 3 years’ experience managing multiple projects
Automation or machine design experience would be an asset
ERP/SAP experience would be an asset
Experience with planning software such as MS Project would be an asset
Skills: Excellent communication skills: able to clearly and concisely communicate goals, responsibility, performance, expectations and feedback Excellent team-building skills
Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment in resolving priority conflicts
Ability to remain calm and work under high pressure
Advanced computer skills: familiarity with computer aided design packages, spreadsheets, planning software, and ERP/SAP
High regard for quality, attention to detail and the ability to maintain confidentiality
Enthusiastic, can-do contagious attitude
TRANSFORMIX offers a unique work environment that fosters innovation, creativity, and professional growth. We are always keeping an eye open for talented people with the right attitude. People who desire to work in automation and have a passion for the work they do.
We are an engineering and advanced manufacturing company headquartered in Kingston, Ontario, Canada that specializes in automation with a focus on CNC Assembly technology. We service clients all over the world.
We have an immediate opening for a:
Duties and responsibilities
- Coordinate the activities of multi-disciplinary, cross-functional project teams as they execute a busy portfolio of concurrent automation projects.
- Transform engineering proposals into clear, comprehensive and realistic project plans based on the scope of work, analysis of risk, resource availability and timeline requirements.
- Support project plans with detailed cost estimates for the required labour and materials based on the analysis of historical benchmarks and consultation with departmental experts.
- Clearly define project milestones to ensure that all groups have the same vision and the same expectations. Clearly define the roles of team members so those visions could be realized.
- Act as an internal communication hub between sales, engineering, manufacturing, procurement, finance, logistics, and senior management, exhibiting tact, diplomacy and assertiveness as required to support the needs of the projects.
- Act as the voice and face of Transformix to our customers, ensuring accurate and timely communication on project status, needs, and issues.
- Monitor and control project activities, reporting key performance indicators to senior management at regular intervals and bringing variances back on track with the execution of contingency plans.
- Identify, document and manage risks and opportunities to minimize project variance.
- Make recommendations to senior management regarding staffing requirements based on detailed resource forecasting.
- Support Applications Engineering and Sales by providing project management data for future business development.
- Understand contract law and communicate legal and commercial obligations to the project team.
- Budget, quote and implement changes to the project scope and timeline following rigorous change control practices.
- Negotiate acceptance criteria, conduct formalized acceptance testing, and support project closure by obtaining final sign-off with the customer.
We offer you the opportunity to work in a clean, team oriented and unique technological work environment with a competitive wage, group insurance benefit package, dental plan, life insurance, LTD, vision care etc.
Type of Job: Full-Time
Hourly Wage/Salary: TBD
Closes: April 27, 2018
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.