Berry Global Inc. – Belleville, Ontario
- Minimum of high school diploma, or equivalent
The Production Associate works toward achievement of manufacturing goals focusing on the areas of safety, qualify, production, and efficiency. Set up of product mixes for multiple lines. Responsible for operating winders, reprocessing machines, slitter lines, packaging finished goods, making quality checks and handling scrap product. The Associate is responsible for assisting with scrap reduction, housekeeping, maintaining quality standards and process targets.
The regularly assigned duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Follow all Company policies
- Adhere to attendance guidelines
- Read production information (i.e. travelers, recipes, and schedule) and safely and efficiently set up of all orders within specifications
- Troubleshoot and correct all assigned equipment and products
- Ensuring a quality product through regular quality checks by reading and verifying line orders, specification sheets
- Proper packaging of finished goods including correct usage of labels, pallet patterns and date code stamps, etc.
- If product is out of specification, correct the problem and notify team lead or supervisor if unable to resolve problem in a timely manner
- Leave adequate packaging and supplies for incoming team
- Meet plant and department housekeeping stands
- Assists in relieving team members for breaks and lunches as required
- Must be able to perform repetitive motions in a fast paced environment
- Development of skills for self and of other team members
- Ability and willingness to work in a team environment
- Other duties as required
- Must have good communication skills
- Must have good organizational and housekeeping skills
- Able to handle multiple tasks
- Must be able to run multiple lines while ensuring high standards of quality, efficiency, and output
- Must be willing to contribute on project teams
- Must follow all safety rules and recognize and report unsafe working conditions
- Must be able to list 50 lbs., climb stairs and remain in a standing positions for extended periods
- Must be able to read, write, and possess basic math skills
Please note that the above duties and responsibilities are representative, but not all inclusive.
Type of Job: Full-Time
Hourly Wage/Salary: $15.50-$21.50 per hour
Hours: 12 Hour Rapid Rotation Continental Shifts
Closes: October 18, 2018
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.