GlobalMed Inc. – Trenton, Ontario
GlobalMed Inc is a growing medical plastics company that is continuing to expand its business through the application of our technologies to new global markets, new applications, and new proprietary product concepts.
Process Technician –Medical Plastics Manufacturing
Do you want to be a part of a team where you can use your technical abilities in a manufacturing environment that focuses on R&D and process improvements discipline? This position primarily involves supporting the manufacture of respiratory care products to improve quality and cost through evaluation/optimization of materials and troubleshooting of process problems, as well as assisting in the development of new products and formulations. Performs tests on materials, machines, and moulds. Performs advanced process control analysis and adjustment, including optimization of processes and cycles. Understands the value of significant data and accurately records variety of data for test setups. Trouble shoots process, machine and equipment problems. Specific projects will be assigned by project management and development teams who will provide guidance in the design of experiments and interpretation of results.
Education & Experience
- Post Secondary education in a technical field preferred
- Plastics manufacturing preferred. (Extrusion & Injection moulding)
- Recent graduates of a technical field will be considered
- Support, coach and align with Health and safety initiatives across the company
- Collaborate with Engineering and Continuous Improvement and projects teams in a synergistic approach throughout product phases, maintaining excellent communication
- Support productivity improvement, reducing down time/set-up time, scrap rate and other project work
- Investigate specific aspects of product performance where improvements are needed or where performance problems have been identified
- Assist with the resolution of technical problems in manufacturing
- Support production teams to ensure products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system. Analyze QA data as needed to define previous quality performances. Conduct lab and line trials as required to understand causes of problems and potential solutions
- Install approved tools in machines and runs test sample for internal and PPAP submissions
- Maintain accurate start up and test records
- Multiple projects will be part of daily activity
- Support scrap-reduction, cost savings and quality improvement teams, with focus on process and material optimization
- You have fantastic trouble shooting, and problems solving skills that you use every day to assess and analyze processes
- Good verbal and written communication skills required. Knowledge of scientific methods, design of experiments, analysis of data, laboratory procedures, preferred
- Good computer skills including understanding of databases, spreadsheets and word processing
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our organization is committed to creating a diverse environment and to be an equal opportunity employer. We will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process when requested.
Only qualified applicants under consideration will be contacted.
Type of Job: Full-Time
Hourly Wage/Salary: TBD - Dependent upon experience
Hours: Days with flexibility - 40hrs/week
Closes: June 30, 2017
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.