Post Secondary Teacher – Aviation Program
FNTI (First Nations Technical Institute) – Tyendinaga, ON
- A relevant three-year diploma or degree and a minimum of four years practical and/or teaching experience, preferably in an Aboriginal environment; consideration will be given to a comparable combination of relevant education, practical and teaching experience.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated effective organizational and time management skills to meet multiple demands and deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently and be an effective team member
- A valid Ontario driver’s licence as some travel is required
- A satisfactory criminal and vulnerable sector check
- FNTI provides preference to those applicants with Indigenous Ancestry.
(Aboriginal Employment Preferences Policy)
FNTI is seeking a Part-time teacher for our First Peoples’ Aviation Technology – Flight Program, in partnership with Canadore College, with subject expertise in the areas of: Communications; Native Studies; Health & Wellness; Math; Physics; Career Planning; and/or, Microsoft Office Suite. Responsibilities will include:
- Creating and maintaining a positive learning environment
- Teaching, utilizing course outlines provided which are informed by and framed in Indigenous teachings and practices
- Utilizing various teaching and evaluation methods and strategies to meet the
individual needs of learners
- Developing curriculum, as required
- Encouraging, advocating for and tutoring learners
- Completing all classroom-related duties; attending team meetings
Type of Job: Part-Time
Hourly Wage/Salary: To be discussed
Closes: August 3, 2018
To apply follow these instructionsPlease forward resume, including two references, by August 3, 2018 at 12:00 p.m. to
Karen Brant – Operation Officer
Thank you for your interest in working with FNTI. However, only
those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.