Personal Support Worker
AON Inc. – Tweed, ON
Moira Place LTC is looking for healthcare professionals who share in our passion for providing quality care and superior levels of service to our residents. As a Personal Support Worker with Moira Place, we will rely upon you to assist our residents in their activities of daily living, providing skilled care in an empathetic and nurturing manner.
Reporting to the Director of Care, you will be responsible for providing hands-on care to residents. You will maintain and promote good communication with staff, enhance customer service to residents/families, and ensure the efficient use of resources.
- Must possess a valid PSW certificate or be in the second year of the RPN / RN program
- Prior experience in a retirement or long term care environment preferred
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills and be a team player
- Must be available to work varied shifts
- Provide hands-on compassionate delivery of skilled services to residents in the provision of care with adherence to confidentiality, privacy, and a focus on maintaining dignity.
- Assist residents with the personal care required for daily living including bathing, grooming, dressing, toileting, functional mobility and mobilization, feeding, wound care, oral care, etc.
- Perform resident-specific care according to plans of care and established restorative care guidelines as outlined by the Director of Care.
- Participation in care planning while motivating and encouraging residents’ participation in programs to maintain and enhance independence
- Ensure clear and effective communication in the process of assessments, observations, and documentation of residents’ physical and emotional conditions in accordance with company policy and regulatory requirements
AON Inc. offers competitive hourly compensation.
AON Inc. is committed to meet the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities as part of our hiring process. We welcome and thank all applicants, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Type of Job: Part-Time
Hourly Wage/Salary: TBD
Closes: September 13, 2019
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.