Personal Support Worker
MARC’S Home Belleville Inc. (MHBI) – Belleville, Ontario
MARC’S Home Belleville Inc. (MHBI) provides a unique person-centred environment with an emphasis on Making Alternative Respectful Care Sustainable.
- Completion of a Human Services Diploma from a recognized Community College or University and a minimum of one year’s experience working with individuals with an intellectual disability and behavioural challenges OR, completion of OSSD plus one to three years related experience
- Experience supporting individuals who are non-verbal with limited functional communication skills and training in Person Centred Planning and Outcomes
- Current First Aid/CPR/Pharmacology certification and NVCI certification in Crisis Intervention and Prevention (CPI)
- Valid driver’s license, proof of acceptable auto insurance, a clean driving record, and a reliable vehicle in which to transport the individual to a variety of external activities
- Physically able to facilitate activities of daily living and ensure individual’s safety
- Acceptable Criminal Record Check including a Vulnerable Person’s screening
Working within a family and team environment, the successful candidate will provide a continuum of care that ensures all needs are met and a high quality of life is maintained. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing full support in all personal care routines, daily activities, social and intrapersonal skills and emotional regulation
- Implementation of behaviour support plans and behavioural principles including positive reinforcement and extinction
- Completion of daily housekeeping tasks including cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping and laundry
- Administration of medication within prescribed procedures and maintenance of confidential reports and records
Hours of work are an average of 20-30 hours per week, including days, evenings, overnight SLEEP shifts and rotating weekends, with the possibility of additional shifts on an ‘on-call’ basis
Type of Job:
Hourly Wage/Salary: $18.00/hour to $20.00/hour depending on experience and education
Hours: 20 to 30 hours per week
Closes: June 18, 2019
To apply follow these instructions
Interested candidates should submit resumes, with the subject line “PSW”
Richter & Richter Human Resources Consultants Inc.
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.