Personal Lines Account Assistant
Whitley Insurance and Financial Services – Belleville, ON & Deseronto, ON & Stirling, ON
A great entry level position in the insurance industry!
- 2 years of experience in an administrative role
- R.I.B.O. license or OTL license preferred
- Willing to learn and obtain knowledge in becoming an insurance broker
- Proficient computer typing skills and knowledgeable of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills with a strong attention to detail
- Team player, willing and able to adapt to change
- Ability to be a self starter and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast paced/team environment with excellent organizational skills
BROKER TRAINEE LEARNING:
• Responsible to learn our client management system, EPIC, to access and input client information
• Participate in job shadowing and learn to perform the position effectively from an experienced Personal Lines Account Assistant/Manager
• Assist the Personal team with massive client mail outs giving you exposure to client communication and documentation
• Access company portals to download and upload endorsements and client policies giving you exposure to the insurance markets we use at WHITLEY
• Perform other job duties as assigned by Manager
PERSONAL LINES BROKER RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide technical assistance to Personal Lines Account Managers
• Follow up on outstanding info with underwriters
• Prepare renewal packages (summaries of insurance, renewal letters, etc), new business, endorsements and claims
• Prepare coverage on renewals where necessary
• Review and invoice renewals and endorsements
• Process and issue endorsements and new business on company portals
• Prepare new business documents to be sent for signatures, etc.
• Process change requests on EPIC system and issue insurance slips when needed
• Scan and attach documents to EPIC client management system
• Provide back-up support to Personal Lines Account Assistants or Managers when required
We are committed to providing accommodation upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Type of Job:
Hourly Wage/Salary: TBD
Closes: November 30, 2018
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.