Part Time Utility Meter Reader
Olameter Inc. – Port Hope, ON/Brighton, ON
Utility service provider looking for Part Time Meter Readers in Port Hope/Brighton to start ASAP
- Physically fit with the ability to walk long distances (15-20 kms.) in order to fulfill the daily duties of the job.
- Reliable vehicle, a valid driver’s licence with current vehicle insurance.
- Ability to provide a clean Driver’s Abstract and Criminal Background Check (CBC).
- General computer knowledge.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- Proven customer relation skills.
Utility service provider looking for a Part Time Meter Reader in Port Hope/Brighton. Outdoor work, physically demanding. Training and uniforms provided. Must have reliable vehicle. If hired, need to provide a clean Criminal Background Check and clean Drivers Abstract. Paid by piece rate, earning potential of $20-25/hour through the piece rate.
Job Duties Include:
- Accept and complete all daily meter reading assignments/tasks, as deemed reasonable.
- Upload/download daily route/work assignments as required to accommodate the Utility’s schedule.
- Adhere to all safety related programs/procedures to ensure a safe working environment for all employees.
- Act in a professional, courteous manner at all times, while exercising common sense.
- Maintain an acceptable level of personal hygiene and be well groomed at all times.
- Maintain and adhere to all required Olameter written procedures/check lists to ensure efficient, accurate and timely service maintenance.
- Report field hazards/problems and add efficiencies to enhance the quality of services.
- Update and maintain all available handheld fields as required to enhance and ensure Olameter’s quality and quantity of associated services.
- Comply with company procedures/policies pertaining to the use and care of all Olameter /Utility issued equipment and/or property.
- Communicate on a weekly basis, all data as required for timely/accurate payroll/customer invoicing.
Type of Job: Part-Time
Hourly Wage/Salary: Piece Rate
Closes: November 30, 2018
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.