Office and Loans Administrator
Trenval Business Development Corporation – Belleville Ontario
Office and Loans Administrator with commercial experience
- Degree or diploma in Commerce, Business, Finance, Economics, Legal Administration, Paralegal or similar
- 5 years’ minimum experience in a commercial office
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Sage, TEA (CRM system); FERN (CRM System) and data entry skills
- 35 hour work week (Mon-Fri: 8:30-4:30; unpaid lunch); ability to work additional hours if required for networking and special events.
- Contract position from May 15, 2018 – March 31, 2019, with the possibility of extension depending on confirmed funding.
The Office and Loans Administrator will assist the Business & Loans Advisor with day-to-day administration, processing and maintenance of business loans. The role plays an integral part in various functional areas of the loan’s life cycle such as: processing, presentations for approval, documentation, monitoring, closing and disbursements. The role assists in reviewing and mitigating risks related to credit and collections. In addition, the position plays an important part in ensuring the accuracy of the organizations confidential records, files and reporting.
- Administrative support for all aspects of the lending process, as well as maintenance of existing customer accounts including preparation of documentation, amortization schedules and monitoring of client accounts.
- Prepare and maintain files, documents, reports and database contacts in accordance with established guidelines of the corporation and the corporation’s funders.
- Respond to and follow up on inquiries from clients providing service overviews of programs, application process, requirements and referrals to other agencies.
- Ensure contractual obligations of the clients are maintained: make soft collection calls on overdue accounts; follow up on business and property insurance.
- Set up and maintain financial and regulatory records.
- Accurate reporting and tracking requirements as determined by Business & Loans Advisor, Executive Director, Investment Committee and Board of Directors.
- Obtain required credit/financial information.
- Ensure integrity of client accounts and adherence to privacy policies.
- Reception and general office duties to the organization and its partners.
- Responds to general information requests and inquiries concerning all programs offered at the Quinte Business Development Centre and its partners providing appropriate referrals to organizations.
- Assist with planning and implementation of networking events, workshops and seminars.
- Participate in further education and certification as required.
- Proficiency with numbers and precise accuracy.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Precise attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure on multiple tasks.
- Excellent organizational, time management, priority-setting, follow-up and follow-through skills.
- High level of professionalism, integrity and accountability.
- Quick learner with ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Experience in an administrative/support capacity and/or in the lending industry an asset.
- Experience with social media an asset.
- Professional, team-oriented, office environment.
- Physical demands include sitting, considerable use of computer and phone and lifting items of varying weight (i.e. file boxes up to 50 lbs).
- Periodic travel within our catchment area – a valid G driver’s license is required with reliable insured vehicle.
Type of Job: Full-Time
Hourly Wage/Salary: $33,000. - $37,000 per year DOE
Hours: 35 hours per week
Closes: April 26, 2018
To apply follow these instructions
How to Apply
Via Email: resume and cover letter to Trenval’s Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org by April 26, 2018. In the subject line of your email, please indicate “Office and Loans Administrator."
Via Mail: Office & Loans Administrator, Trenval Business Development Corporation, Amber Darling, Executive Director, 284B Wallbridge-Loyalist Road, Box 610, Belleville, ON K8N 5B3 by April 26, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.