Hain Celestial – Trenton, ON
Hain-Celestial Canada, a division of the US-based Hain Celestial Group, is a leading organic and natural products company with operations in North America, Europe and India. We provide consumers with superior food and personal care products for a healthier way of life. We are opening a brand new facility in Trenton, Ontario and have many new, exciting career opportunities available. We are currently seeking a qualified individual to fill the role of MILLWRIGHT JOURNEYMAN.
The Millwright Journeyman services and maintains production machinery and production lines at Hain Celestial to maximize production up-time in a manner that complies with food safety standards and that upholds personal and employee health and safety practices.
- Millwright ticket and minimum 4 years’experience in food processing plants
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform repairs and provide preventive maintenance
- Provide technical support and decision making during key breakdown situations
- Trouble shoots processing equipment as needed
- Understand the set up and tear down processes of equipment
- Work closely with production supervisors to schedule machine down time for repairs
- Requisition parts and materials related to maintenance
- Operate lathe and milling machine to repair and fabricate parts if needed
- Install and commission new machinery
- Provide training for junior mechanics
- Maintain boiler by performing daily checks and conducting water analysis
- Perform gas, tig and Arc welding as needed
- Work in a professional manner and with a positive and helpful mindset
- Strong awareness of health and safety issues; showing responsibility for oneself and others
- Perform other duties as instructed by supervisor
- Hands on knowledge of packing machines and processing equipment based on the food industry is a real asset.
- Good understanding of vacuum pumps
- Excellent knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Good knowledge of Freon and Ammonia refrigeration systems is an asset.
- Working knowledge of PLC and computerized machinery is an asset.
- Proven ability to work independently and to plan priorities
- Ability to work in a team based environment and also work independently in a proactive manner; working co-operatively and positively to achieve the common goal of ongoing production.
- Understand preventive maintenance concepts and knowledgeable about computerized work order systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to provide quality customer service
- Must be able to work together with team members of other trades and share the workload.
- Has a “Safety first and always” attitude towards work, oneself and the colleagues
- Ability to lift heavy objects
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Ability to work in high places
- Bending and twisting
- Ability to remain standing for several hours
- Ability to crouch down in tight restricted areas
- Ability to work in a variety of temperatures, cold, hot, coldàhot – vice versa
- Wet / slippery floors
- Ability to work around hot water
- High noise area
- Ability to work around moving conveyors, forklifts and equipment
- Damp working environment
- Must wear personal protective equipment as required
Type of Job: Full-Time
Hourly Wage/Salary: TBD (based on experience)
Hours: 40 hrs/week
Closes: March 30, 2018
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.