Education: Technical degree in Mechanical Engineering or Technologist
Experience: Minimum of 3 years designing
Competent with 3D CAD (SolidWorks)
TRANSFORMIX offers a unique work environment that fosters innovation, creativity, and professional growth. We are always keeping an eye open for talented people with the right attitude. People who desire to work in automation and have a passion for the work they do.
We are an engineering and advanced manufacturing company headquartered in Kingston, Ontario, Canada that specializes in automation with a focus on CNC Assembly technology. We service clients all over the world.
We have an immediate opening for a:
Duties and responsibilities
- The systems must not only meet the customer’s objectives but are designed for manufacturing in a cost effective manner.
- Promotes continuous improvement, and ensures customer requirements are met with the aim of enhancing customer satisfaction.
- Provides training and guidance to other Mechanical design engineering staff.
- Ensure that engineering work is done well and adheres to specification
- Ensure client satisfaction through outcome and communication. Take ownership of creating a great result.
- Prepare & guide engineering specifications, drawings, and bill of material
- Report on engineering project status regularly.
- Work with various suppliers as required, to source components, and solve specialized problems.
- Prepare and maintain project engineering documentation files, ensuring compliance with Quality Management System
- Ensure performance under given conditions
- Responsible for verification and validation of design
- Ensure the design incorporates safety and environmental factors
- Compliance with any regulatory requirements (EPA, NTSB)
- Ensure the manufacturability of the design
- Ensures the design has the capability to be inspected and tested
- Assess the availability of materials, components and suppliers
- Determine design acceptance/rejection criteria
- Assess the maintainability of the machine design
- Ensure the design incorporates fail-safe characteristics
- Ensure the design maintains ease of diagnosing and correcting problems
- Determines prototype and field trial requirements
- Assess the design’s ability to meet & deliver customer requirements
We offer you the opportunity to work in a clean, team oriented and unique technological work environment with a competitive wage, group insurance benefit package, dental plan, life insurance, LTD, vision care etc.
Type of Job:
Hourly Wage/Salary: TBD
Closes: October 5, 2018
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.