Batawa Ski Hill – Batawa, Ontario
Lift Operator is a seasonal position. Lift operators are responsible for the safe and efficient operation of chair lifts, T-Bar and Handle tow and the customers that use them. They spend their days helping customers, of all skill levels, load and unload from lifts, in all kinds of weather. As a result, enjoyment of the outdoors is a must! The job of a lift operator is critical to the success of any ski operation because much of the customer’s time is spent with them.
- Provide excellent customer service and create positive memories for the guests
- Check guest tickets or passes ensuring they are current and valid
- Operate the assigned lift safely and efficiently according to regulations and guidelines
- Provide physical assistance to guests as required
- Manage the flow and maintain the condition of assigned lift area including shoveling, raking, salting, etc.
- Completing necessary logs with accuracy and consistency
- Always having a smile and hello for our guests
- Possess excellent employee and customer service skills and enjoy working with the public
- Mature, energetic, dependable and self-motivated
- Able to reason and react with quick, thoughtful judgment, while remaining calm under pressure
- Capable of performing physical/manual duties
- Requires standing/walking/bending/lifting throughout shift
- Enjoy working outdoors in all kinds of weather
- Able to work independently, prioritize and multi task
- Able to work all shifts and flexible schedules including weekends and holidays
- Ski and snowboard industry knowledge is preferred
- Strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
- Knowledge of emergency procedures
- High School diploma or working towards diploma
- Demonstrates a professional image at all times through appearance and uniform dress
- Successful completion of tests (WHMIS, online Safety Awareness Training, or other department requirements)
Working Conditions and Hazards:
- Ergonomic hazards associated with standing, loading and lifting customers if needed (repetitive strain injury)
- Hot and cold environments
- Slips and falls, and hit by customers (ski poles) etc.
- Due to changing weather sometimes Workers will need to remove excess snow and ice, chopping ice around loading and unload area
- Regulator rotation breaks away from loading stations
- Cold weather clothing
- Request proper foot wear anti-skid be worn
1. Complete online application form at https://goo.gl/forms/tpGuhi70u7EKOnUf2 (link can also be found on our website under Employment)
2. Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at (or mailed to): Batawa Skill Hill, 99 Ski Club Lane, Batawa, ON K0K 1E0. For more information please call 613-398-6568.
Type of Job: Seasonal
Hourly Wage/Salary: To be determined
Hours: Full-time hours
Closes: December 21, 2018
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.