Parmalat Canada – Belleville, Ontario
- Must commit to working 1 year of midnights – after 1 year you can apply for other positions and shifts
- Must have clean Criminal Background Check
- Able to read and properly apply standards, procedures and training materials
- Proven initiative, experience, and reliability
- Good team player working in accordance with Parmalat values and principles
- Able to safely operate mechanical devices
- Able to enter data into a computer. Experience with MS Excel, Office and Access is a strong asset
- Mechanical and analytical aptitudes with ability to troubleshoot, perform minor maintenance, and monitor product or material attributes
- This position will include constant weight bearing, frequent bending, some heavy lifting and pulling/pushing up to 20 to 22 kg, sustained twisting of head/trunk. This work ranges from light activity to heavy demands
- Experience with SAP is considered an asset
- Completion of Secondary School required; completion of post-secondary diploma or degree in related field is considered a strong asset
The Lab Technician performs tasks in accordance with established standard operating procedures, safety, GMP, and HACCP controls
- Responsible for accurate execution and documentation of all QC related testing, verifications and observations
- Required to monitor process cheese production by testing raw blends, providing formula adjustments and testing finished products using chemical, physical test procedures and lab instrumentation in order to ensure established product specifications are attained
- Lab instrumentation must be maintained through following established operating, calibration, cleaning and maintenance procedures
- Ensures that adequate supplies of chemicals and test materials are available for planned test procedures
- Conduct inspection of the quality of finished product packages / cases information for coding, labeling, legibility and appearance
- Transport, store and inspect samples
- Sample and inspect non-conforming ingredients or finished goods
- Responsible for general housekeeping in lab area and working in a safe and proper manner
- Regular rotation between workstations as required
- Other duties as assigned
Type of Job: Full-Time
Hourly Wage/Salary: Wages start at $25.79 per hour with shift premiums
Closes: November 15, 2018
To apply follow these instructionsTo Apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com on or before November 15, 2018.
Parmalat is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.