IT Support Specialist
County Farm Centre Ltd. – Picton/Foxboro, Ontario
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY STATEMENT
Under the direction of the Precision AG/IT Support Specialist will receive and resolve issues relating to company networks, operating system, PC’s, mobile devices, and other related technologies. Perform site checkups, installation of new equipment and monitoring the status of existing equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintains current knowledge and understanding of computer hardware, operating systems, and software applications, as well as peripheral and mobile devices to assist users in resolving problems and answer questions with minimal supervision.
- Makes recommendations for new hardware and software to meet the changing business requirements
- Interprets users’ problems over the phone and responds with solutions.
- Aids the Precision AG/IT Manager where needed including both Precision AG and IT projects.
- Generate customer reports and templates in Excel for analysis
- Install and maintains network and communication equipment, including telephone, fax, and mobile, as well as work with service providers to install new products and troubleshoot issues.
- Maintains network, hardware, peripherals, mobile devices, and software while providing IT support across five locations.
- Transports, installs and test computer hardware, software, and peripherals where needed.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Follow the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHS) regulations for employees: use or wear any equipment, protective devices or clothing required by the employer; report any known workplace hazard to the employer or supervisor; report any known contravention of the Act or regulations to the employer or supervisor; not use or operate any equipment or work in a way that may endanger any worker. Interested employees are encouraged to attend Joint Health and Safety (JHSC) Meetings, serve on the executive and become certified Workers. All employees are required to participate in the representative selection process and to completed inspections with a Certified Worker when requested.
- Participate in CFC training which includes, but not limited to, the mandatory Ministry of Labour course, CFC Health & Safety Standards and Policies, and Accessibility Policies (AODA)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proven organizations skills with the ability to work under time pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to operate computers with a working knowledge of word-processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Ability to work without close supervision and be proactive.
- May be required to work extended hours, particularly during peak seasons. Occasional over-night travel may be required.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- Sitting for long periods at a terminal or computer.
- Work is completed both in a typical office environment and outdoors and various customer and CFC facilities. Additional hours or time outside of normal hours may be necessary due to operational requirements.
- Employee may be exposed to noise around farm machinery, odors, and varied surfaces, as well as frequent exposure to dirt, dust, and fumes for a short duration when working in the field and/or working in the fertilizer warehouse.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Type of Job: Full-Time
Hourly Wage/Salary: To be determined
Hours: 40 hours per week
Closes: July 27, 2018
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.