Dart Canada Inc. – Campbellford, Ontario
Dart Container Corporation founded and headquartered in Mason, Michigan, sets the Industry Standard of Excellence in the development, manufacture and distribution of innovative food service packaging solutions. Dart manufactures and markets cups, plates, containers, lids and straws made from plastic and paper across the globe. In Canada, Dart operates as Dart Canada Inc. (DCI) headquartered in Toronto. DCI also has a manufacturing facility in Campbellford which opened for business in 1985.
Reporting directly to the Shift Supervisor, you will be required to utilize and operate a variety of machinery to produce quality printed foam products. The use of quality checks and attention to detail will ensure a consistent standard of product that enables Dart Canada Inc. to satisfy/exceed customer expectations.
With full regard to Health & Safety obligations, this role is required to contribute to effective standards of quality, production and housekeeping, as laid out within the Dart Good Manufacturing Practices and in adherence to all set company/corporation policies and procedures.
Responsibilities and Duties:
This job description aims to provide a fair and accurate representation of the scope of this role and includes but is not limited to the following:
- Use of multiple automated and hand-pack machines to create and package foam products.
- Use of agreed quality standards to inspect and monitor all product produced and complete all associated quality records (see Cup Inspection checklist attached).
- Use of visual inspection, O Ring and other quality measures to identify and report bead irregularities and deviances.
- Use of visual inspection and other quality measures and identify and report all print variations and deviances to customer specification, paying particular attention to colour and to all visual inspections as per Print Inspection checklist (attached).
- Communicate all product quality and machine problems with maintenance personnel and supervisors immediately for corrective action.
- Monitor, maintain and record production on all product produced and rejected at regular intervals in accordance with Dart Cup Ltd operational instructions.
- Ensure housekeeping standards are maintained, within the production and immediate area, in accordance with GMPs and Health & Safety requirements.
- Identify equipment or machine failures or irregularities and any safety concerns and violations.
- Carry out any special projects or other work deemed necessary or as may be requested by the Plant Manager, within the remit of production capacity.
- To be personally available outside of shift hours to overcome production problems or any incidents that may have occurred on shift, to take part in production meetings and to provide cover for other shifts as and when production requirements demand.
Qualifications and Skills
- MUST be available to work on the following shifts: (afternoon shift 3pm – 11pm Monday through Friday; midnight shift – 9pm to 7am Monday through Thursday)
- Excellent safety, work, and attendance record with a commitment to continuous improvement
- Ability to work in compliance with the guidelines of the Good Manufacturing Principles
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job, including lifting
- Great attention to detail and with good organizational skills
- Good oral and written English skills
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Very good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
**Interested candidates please apply submitting your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org**
Dart Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request. To request any accommodations, please specify in your application.
If you have previously applied for any of these positions within the last 12 months, please do not reapply as all applications and resumes will be considered. Thank you for your interest in Dart Canada Inc.
Type of Job: Full-Time
Hourly Wage/Salary: To be determined
Hours: Full-time hours
Closes: August 21, 2018
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.