Industrial Millwright (Machine Build)
Transformix – Kingston
Education: Must have a high school diploma
Millwright or Tool & Die Certification Preferred.
Experience: 3-5 years’ experience with machine building and/or machine fabrication.
Experience with pneumatics is mandatory.
Experience in a manufacturing assembly environment.
Experience performing hands-on equipment builds as well as maintenance.
Experience with manufacturing equipment controls and the basic knowledge of the electrical schematics.
Experience with the tools required for mechanical builds (callipers, mill, lathe, power tools, and wrenches.
Able to work from blueprint as well as verbal instructions.
Maintains an analytical approach to problem solving
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist in run-off, debug and installation of equipment at customer site.
- The Millwright shall verify dimensions for accuracy and conformance to specifications.
- Assists in continuous improvement activities with the aim of enhancing customer satisfaction.
- Crates and packages equipment for shipping as required.
- Fit and assemble machined parts and subassemblies using hand and power tools
- Verify dimensions using micrometers, verniers, callipers, etc.
- Report deviations from specifications and tolerances to Manufacturing Manager and/or Mechanical Design Engineer.
- Plans work assignments by understanding blueprints, engineering concepts, and being able to adopt and adjust in a changing environment.
- Sets-up equipment by setting adjustments to match specifications; testing prototypes,
- Machine or modify parts using machine shop equipment.
- Performs maintenance and overhauls equipment as required.
- Plans and selects appropriate rigging, hoisting/lifting and moving equipment to ensure proper and safe lifts of equipment and machinery.
Type of Job: Full-Time
Hourly Wage/Salary: Hourly
Closes: June 30, 2017
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.