Full-Time Finance Officer
Community Living – Belleville, Ontario
We are presently seeking applications for the above-noted position. This position will be commencing in October/November 2018.
Community Living Belleville and Area supports people with intellectual disabilities to live a full, valued and rewarding life. This means living in their own home, being an important part of a welcoming community, enjoying friendships and healthy relationships with other people and making a meaningful contribution to society through work and volunteerism.
The Finance Officer is responsible for providing senior-level financial/accounting support to the Director of Finance.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain all financial records according to “Generally-Accepted Accounting Principles”.
- Provide monthly financial reports to senior management and appropriate cost centre managers detailing expenditures and variances.
- Perform bank and general ledger account reconciliations.
- Process WSIB, union dues and employee pension plan remittances.
- Prepare and submit annual pension contribution projections, Annual Information Return, and oversee the annual audit process of the employee pension plan.
- Assist in the completion of all financial reporting requirements of the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services and any other legal authorities i.e. annual budget submissions, minor capital requests, quarterly reports, APERS, etc.
- Preparation and liason with auditors for the annual audit.
- Preparation and submission of Registered Charity Information Returns and personal returns for people we support.
- Input payroll updates and perform transmissions to automated payroll system including Workforce Now ADP.
- Assist in the maintenance of in-house computer programs for the organization’s payroll/accounting systems.
- Provide backup for Director of Finance during absences.
- Provide backup to the Financial Assistant for payroll and accounts payable input.
- Liase with the Ontario Disability Support Program
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- CPA designation.
- Excellent knowledge and experience using Sage ACCPAC, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Workforce Now ADP.
- Must demonstrate the following enabling Competencies:
- Ethical Behaviour
- Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Creative Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Must be someone who demonstrates tact, excellent judgement, discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- High degree of initiative, with proven skills to work with limited direction in a demanding work environment with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Knowledge of the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services, The Services and Supports to Promote the Social Inclusion of Persons with Developmental Disabilities Act, 2008 and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 would be an asset.
- Awareness of the Workplace Safety & Insurance Act and the Occupational Health & Safety Act and the duty to comply with Employer responsibilities as outlined therein.
All applicants to this posting are requested to submit a detailed resume, together with a covering letter quoting the posting number and indicating their interest in the position and the skills that they can bring to the position, no later than October 15th at 4:00 pm. Emphasis should be placed on additional training and development and administrative responsibilities that the applicant has that they feel would be beneficial for a person assuming this role.
There will be an interview process for this position. Not all applicants for the position will be selected for an interview. Applicants selected for an interview must meet the minimum criteria. Community Living Belleville and Area is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection and appointment processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to this process, please advise human resources of your need for accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Letters of application together with your resume should be forwarded to: email@example.com or Katherine Potts, Director of Human Resources, Administration Office, 91 Millennium Parkway, Belleville, Ontario K8N 4Z5.
Community Living Belleville and Area reserves the right to interview candidates for any, or all, positions. This management right will be exercised, when it is deemed appropriate by management to do so.
Type of Job: Full-Time
Hourly Wage/Salary: To be determined
Hours: Full-time hours
Closes: October 22, 2018
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.