Food Bank and Volunteer Co-ordinator
Gleaners Food Bank (Quinte) Inc. – Belleville, Ontario
The Food Bank and Volunteer Co-ordinator, under the direction of the Director of Operations, is responsible for the overall delivery of services within the Food Bank. This individual shall be responsible for all volunteer interviewing, recruitment, orientation and training.
- Ensure that Policies and Procedures of GLEANERS FOODBANK (QUINTE) INC. are followed.
- Ensure that clients are served efficiently and the staff and volunteer time is productive.
- Review and maintain volunteer database.
- Prepare a daily work order to ensure a continuous supply of essential hamper items.
- Maintain all Ontario Works, Court Order, Post Secondary Education and High School placement records.
- Complete orientation of Food Bank volunteers and Special placements.
- Supervise, coordinate and evaluate volunteer positions.
- Administer Link2Feed Program and associated client forms.
- Be available to assist in areas of concern.
- Coordinate with the Warehouse Manager on the distribution of surplus products as per the Distribution List.
- Update the Community Resource Sheet, library of pamphlets and hand outs, and posting items when required.
- Provide reports as required by the Director of Operations.
- Address concerns raised by volunteers and deal with them in a timely manner.
- Call Volunteer meetings as required.
- Recognize volunteers.
- Communicate with staff and volunteers to ensure efficiency of operations.
- Communicate with other food banks and food programs as required.
- Ensure all donations received are directed to the appropriate staff member.
- Coordinate with the Warehouse Manager and Director of Operations to ensure products are ordered.
- Liaise with the Account Manager of the Link2Feed Program.
Other duties as required
Type of Job: Full-Time
Hourly Wage/Salary: $16.00/hour
Closes: June 30, 2017
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.