Walker's/Capital Group of Companies Limited – Trenton, ON
Overview of Job Scope: Assist drivers, and work with a team of movers and packers to load/unload, pack/unpack household or office goods during all phases of the move.
- Household goods moving/storage/packing experience
- High School graduate, some college/university
- Physical fitness—able to work long hours at physically demanding tasks
- Bilingualism an asset
- Background checks required upon offer of employment, additional security clearances as projects require
- Good organizational skills
- Fast learner; able to take on new tasks and areas of responsibility in a short timeframe
- Customer service
- Capable of lifting up to 75 pounds
- Attention to detail
- Good team-player—enjoys working with others to accomplish goals
- Assist with the loading and unloading of household goods shipments, at residences and warehouse
- Competently performs assigned pack/unpack and load/unload duties with supervision
- Assist with loading/unloading of appliances and fine furniture
- Assist with packing/unpacking of breakable items
- Is compliant with Walker’s/Capital Group Policies & Procedures and Van Line policies.
- Maintain clean and safe work area.
- Assist with truck/trailer upkeep including folding of moving blankets, breaking down of packing material, washing vehicle and equipment as required
Working at Capital Movers & Storage
- Three-month probation period at start
- Open door policy for communication with supervisors
- Positive Action Request system for change and improvement
- Paid Overtime, per position
- Vacation pay
- Uniform program—cost covered by employer
- Other Benefits as applicable
- Annual performance reviews
- Opportunities for career growth
- In-service training and mentoring, external training and certification opportunities
- Kudos program for employee recognition with monthly, quarterly and annual awards
- Community engagement – fundraising, events, service
Type of Job: Part-Time
Hourly Wage/Salary: Depending On Experience
Hours: up to 30 hours per week
Closes: November 23, 2018
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.