Enhanced Support (3), Assistant (1), Supervisor (3) On-Call/Supply(4)
YMCA – Belleville, Ontario
The YMCA of Central East Ontario is seeking motivated, enthusiastic, fun and innovative child care workers to develop and implement interactive and exciting activities and games for children and youth! We are looking to fill our team with members whose values reflect that of caring, respect, honesty, inclusiveness and responsibility. The successful candidate will embrace a positive attitude toward promoting a sense of well-being, expression, belonging, and engagement.
Experience: A minimum of 2 years experience working with children in licenced child care
- RECE, Child and Youth Worker, Recreation and Leadership Certifications or Primary Junior qualifications in teaching
- Standard First Aid and CPR Level “C”
- Current and up- to-date immunizations
- Valid Driver’s License/Own Transportation
- Police and Vulnerable Sector Check
Safety and Well-Being
- Provide a fun and safe program for children ages JK-12 years in a before and after school setting.
- Ensure program areas is safe, clean, well organized and hazard free
- Ensure the safety of all children while providing continuous supervision
- Ensure program supplies and equipment are maintained and monitored regularly
- Plan and implement age appropriate activities for children that engage them in sprit, mind, and body and create a sense of belonging
- Provide quality program planning to meet the children’s interests
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Be a positive role model of the Association’s Mission, Vision and Values
- Continuously acting to strengthen relationships with clients, children and staff in all program areas of the association
- Meet the standards of inspection from the Health Unit, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Environment, and third party
- Meet compliance requirements of the Child Care and Early Years Act and maintain records daily
- View children as capable, competent, and curious
Research and Professional Development
- Working knowledge of “How Does Learning Happen?” and Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years
- Remaining current in standards set out by the Ministry of Education and the Child Care and Early Years Act
- Attend all staff meetings, planning sessions and training events as required by the association
Desired Skills and Traits
- Commitment to the organization; community event participation and motivation
- Integrity; being true to your word, honest
- Leadership; providing appropriate guidance and boundaries for the children we care for, lead by example
- Relationship building; establish relationships with families and children we for and the school personnel that we work with
- Teamwork; working with other child care staff members to introduce “A Place to Connect” curriculum to the children we support.
Start Date: September 4, 2018
Thank you for your interest in the YMCA of Central East Ontario.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Central East Ontario is committed to an environment that is barrier free; if you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation. The YMCA of Central East Ontario values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association.
Type of Job: Part-Time, Seasonal
Hourly Wage/Salary: $15.00-$19.10/hour
Hours: Part-time, seassonal, contract
Closes: August 29, 2018
To apply follow these instructions
All interested candidates are to submit a letter of application and resume to:
Kids Club and Licensing Coordinator
YMCA of Central East Ontario-Belleville Branch
433 Victoria Avenue
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.