Director, Learner Success & Service Delivery
FNTI (First Nations Technical Institute) – Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory
- A relevant University degree with a minimum of 4 years’ experience working with Indigenous students in a post-secondary learning environment
- Must understand the importance of creating accessible, relevant and empowering programming for Indigenous learners that is founded in Indigenous knowledge
- Must be able to articulate how Indigenous knowledge can be used as a framework for Indigenous student success
- From a strength-based approach and perspective, have a thorough understanding of the challenges that Indigenous students face when enrolling in and attending post-secondary programming
- Ensure that we continue to offer high quality, intensively delivered university and college programming
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement in all programs
- Be able to demonstrate and articulate the importance of education as a reconciliation tool
- Must have a thorough understanding of Indigenous post-secondary issues and opportunities
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, public speaking and presentation skills
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Experience and proficiency with MS Office Suites
- Great at organizing, prioritizing and multitasking
- Valid Ontario class ‘G’ driver’s license, clean drivers abstract and ability and willingness to travel
FNTI provides preference to those applicants with Aboriginal Ancestry
(Aboriginal Employment Preferences Policy)
Successful candidate must provide a satisfactory CPIC and vulnerable sector check
The Director, Student Success and Service Delivery will be a member of the enrolment management team and will focus on ensuring FNTI remains a learner focused and centered, Indigenous, advanced education institution. The Director, Learner Success and Service Delivery, is responsible for developing and implementing strategic directions and vision for their department. This position will report to the Vice President, Enrolment Management & Student Services.
Type of Job: Full-Time
Hourly Wage/Salary: To be determined
Closes: November 16, 2018
To apply follow these instructions
Please forward your resume, including two references, by Thursday, November 16, 2018 at 12:00 pm (Deadline Extension) to:
Leah Brant, Senior HR Generalist
FNTI - 3 Old York Road
Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory, ON K0K 1X0
Email: HR@fnti.net or Fax: 613-396-2761
Thank you for your interest in this position; Those selected for an interview
will be contacted. For Planning purposes interviews will be held
November 19, 2018.
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.