Change Your Career for the Better.
RHC is a proactive Construction and Design Management firm that takes a holistic approach to the building process. From inception to occupancy, the strength and transparency of our integrated process develops smarter teams that deliver a better build, every time. We are looking for new team members that want to change the way buildings are designed and constructed.
We are proud to have been named one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for 2017 and Waterloo Area’s Top Employers for 2018. This family-owned company employs team members who exemplify and live out our Core Values. If you want to be a part of this exciting organization, then RHC has a place for you.
With several years’ commercial construction experience, and proficiency in carpentry, drywall, painting, and other trades functions, you’re ready to be an integral part of the RHC site construction team, and work collaboratively with other team members, as well as trades and suppliers. As a Construction Site Technician you will report to the Site Supervisor / Project Manager.
This position is a temporary contract opportunity (expected completion April 2019), based in Belleville, Ontario.
As a Construction Site Technician (Handyperson), you will play a key role in our success as you:
- Follow and consistently demonstrate Reid’s Heritage Group of Companies Core Values.
- Carry out general site duties, such as winter tarp handling, setting winter heat, general clean-up and disposal.
- Fix and eliminate deficiency items before Certification of Completion and Pre-Delivery Inspections (PDIs), including preparation for occupancy inspection.
- Coordinate repair of deficiency items listed on Certificate of Completion and Possession, with the Supervisor, before (and after) closing.
- Identify and assess construction deficiencies and perform repairs in a timely manner.
- Prepare for inspection by City for occupancy, insulation and framing.
- Perform drywall checkouts, as required.
- Ensure complete clean-up, inside and outside, prior to QA and PDI.
- Perform visual inspection to assess state of completion.
- Develop constructive and helpful working relationships.
- Perform rough carpentry (i.e., framing, backing, bulkheads, repairs).
- Install and repair millwork (hanging doors, installation of hardware, trim and build-outs).
- Perform repairs and finishing to fire assemblies, and finish assemblies (drywall detailing, sealants, fire caulking, fire stopping).
- Assist with layout work for footings, foundation walls, and partition lay-outs.
- Carry out general construction duties to prepare for transitions in work between trades.
- Carry out finishing work for interior assemblies (i.e., ceiling grids, partitions, doors/frames, conduit).
- Provide support functions to Site Supervisor and/or Assistant Site Supervisor, as required.
- Participate in Health and Safety enforcement, education, and practice.
- Communicate with the construction team in a clear, concise manner.
- Keep accurate, detailed timesheets and document issues that arise and forward to Supervisor.
- Open and/or close job sites, ensuring they are safe and secure.
- Use and maintain own tools required to carry out scope of responsibilities.