Change Your Career for the Better.
RHC is a proactive Construction and Design Management firm that takes a holistic approach to the building process. From inception to occupancy, the strength and transparency of our integrated process develops smarter teams that deliver a better build, every time. We are looking for new team members that want to change the way buildings are designed and constructed.
We are proud to have been named one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for 2017 and Waterloo Area’s Top Employers for 2018. This family-owned company employs team members who exemplify and live out our Core Values. If you want to be a part of this exciting organization, then RHC has a place for you.
If you’re deadline-oriented and experienced in commercial construction or a related construction industry, here’s your opportunity to participate in ensuring safe project construction while meeting our high standards of quality. As a Construction Site Labourer you will report to the Site Supervisor / Project Manager, and strive to provide the best client experience in all activities and tasks undertaken.
This position is a temporary contract opportunity (expected completion April 2019), based in Belleville, Ontario.
As a Construction Site Labourer, you will play a key role in our success as you:
- Follow and consistently demonstrate Reid’s Heritage Group of Companies Core Values.
- Prepare building for next trade, as required, including cutting concrete, covering floors, scraping floors.
- Collect, and dispose of, debris at construction site on a daily basis, placing it in appropriate designated places, while ensuring compliance with waste recycling programs.
- Assist with cleaning and fine grading for concrete pours.
- Set up, maintain and tear down hoarding, fencing and safety rails.
- Attend all site safety meetings.
- Handle tarps during winter construction and to protect ongoing work from poor weather conditions.
- Set up and maintain temporary heat equipment.
- Ensure sites and work areas are clean and safe for the trades to work.
- Advise Site Supervisor on when to contact the garbage company for delivery and exchange of bins for interior and exterior cleaning.
- Ensure availability of temporary heat for rough-in and finishing trades.
- Handle Shipping and Receiving logistics on site under direction of Site Supervisor.
- Review, assess, and report any issues on safety to the Health & Safety Representative, or direct Supervisor, including ensuring protective gear is used/worn.
- Address any complaints or inquiries by referring trades, suppliers and consultants to Site Supervisor or Project Manager.