Casual Counsellor, 44-18
Pathways to Independence – Belleville
Pathways Posting: 44-18
Job Title: Casual Counsellor
Area of Search: Open
Wage Rate: $25.78 hourly
Position Location: Belleville Area including Picton, Frankford, Trenton, Napanee
Come join us and help to support people in living their best lives!
Pathways provides supportive housing options, day, and recreation programs, psychiatric counselling and behaviour therapy, court and justice related services and short-term respite to adults with an acquired brain injury/developmental disability, who may also have complex needs. Learn more about how you can help people to live their best lives by visiting our website: www.pathwaysind.com
Pathways to Independence is seeking Casual Counsellors to provide case management and assisted living support for adults.
Under the direction of the Client Services Manager, the Counsellor plans and facilitates the implementation of flexible and responsive supports to adults living with a developmental disability in accordance with their Quality of Life plan (QLP). Working in collaboration with the person’s support team, the Counsellor guides and coaches the supported person to build personal and community living skills based on their unique interests, plans, abilities, rights and goals. The Counsellor ensures that established strategies and behaviour management programs are implemented and that the supported person’s services promote their rights, choice, self-determination and independence.
To be considered for the counsellor role, candidates must have the following qualifications:
- A post-secondary diploma or degree from a human services field and specialized education, training or certification in brain injury, disability studies, cognitive rehabilitation, behaviour intervention, social work or psychology;
- Proof of completion of an approved Pharmacology course is required;
- Current First Aid and CPR;
- Valid G class driver’s licence, and access to a vehicle.
Ideal candidates will also have experience and abilities aligned with the key responsibilities for these positions, which includes:
- Provide effective services and supports to supported persons;
- Manage and maintain accurate client information and documentation;
- Participate and ensure a positive team environment;
- Ability to resolve conflicts and solve problems in a professional manner;
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment;
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in electronic mail and other computer based tools;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to advocate on behalf of the client; and
- Demonstrate a person centred philosophy and commitment to agency vision, mission and guiding principles.
The successful candidate must be able to perform the job duties as outlined in the job description. All employees at Pathways will be responsible for a commitment to safety.
How to Apply:
Please quote the posting number when applying. Interested applicants are invited to submit both a cover letter and resume, reflecting the specific job requirements, qualifications and experience, to: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/36081?s=c4
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act, personal information is collected and will only be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Pathways is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise Human Resources of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Type of Job:
Hourly Wage/Salary: $25.78
Closes: December 1, 2018
Interested applicants are invited to submit both a cover letter and resume, reflecting the specific job requirements, qualifications and experience, to:
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.