Welch LLP is a leading full-service public accounting firm with a rich and tenured history. Established in Ottawa almost 100 years ago, Welch has evolved from a single office to become the largest locally- owned and operated firm in the region, with 12 offices and over 200 people across Ontario and Western Quebec. Welch LLP ranks as the 14th largest accounting firm in Canada.
This growth didn’t come by accident, nor should it come as a surprise… with a full suite of professional services, ranging from traditional assurance to expert business advisory, our clients respect and value the firm’s expertise and commitment to exceptional service. Welch’s clientele is as varied as the economic landscape, ranging from start-ups to large, multi-divisional privately-held companies, not-for- profit organizations and public sector entities.
Welch LLP is currently looking for a Bookkeeper for our Belleville office. Belleville is part of the Welch LLP – Quinte Region Practice. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work with great people and great clients, in an environment that values and fosters respect, personal and professional development, and a healthy work-life balance.
As a Bookkeeper within the Belleville office, you will take a hands-on role in all aspects of client service including month end bookkeeping, payroll, WSIB and HST. You will work closely will all members of your team including senior staff accountants and the partner. You will have an opportunity to work in an environment that builds on the strengths of every employee and promotes their professional and personal development.
The client base includes a variety of owner-managed incorporated and self-employment businesses, local government, agriculture, and not for profit sectors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Bookkeeping including month end, payroll, preparation of excise tax returns, WSIB, EHT and payroll remittances
- Understand client’s business and their needs
- College diploma
- 1 to 2 years working within a public accounting firm or bookkeeping business
- Working knowledge of Simply, Quickbooks , Quicken, Doc It and Microsoft Office
- Ability to develop and maintain good relationships with clients
- Ability to recognize and analyze problems, propose sound alternatives and conclusions
- Experience managing a variety of responsibilities in a professional manner
- Strong communication skills, both oral & written
- Ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in an ever changing environment
- Ability to plan, organize, manage conflicting deadline, and set priorities
- General business knowledge
- Must have access to a vehicle and be willing to travel from the office on occasion
- Willing to work within the Quinte Region as required for client needs or to other Welch Quinte offices.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your cover letter and resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “ Bookkeeper.”
Welch LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Visit the Welch LLP website to learn more about the firm: www.welchllp.com
Welch LLP is an independent member of BKR International, a global association of professional accounting firms: www.bkr.com