Autism Support Assistant
Kerry's Place Autism Services – Stirling/Campbellford
- Completion of Human Services Diploma from a recognised Community College or University or completion of Ontario Secondary School (or equivalent) and one year of related experience (preferably supporting persons diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Be familiar with and consistently apply the principles of Kerry’s Place with respect to the Mission, Vision, Values and Policies and Procedures.
- Provide solutions to barriers impacting achievement of quality of life. Participate to ensure Personal Outcomes for persons are met as defined by each participant.
- Consistently follow, where appropriate, Behavioural and Crisis Protocols as documented. Document and report incidents and serious occurrences immediately.
- Provide support and coaching in the areas of social skills, communication, vocation and leisure activities.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with families, natural supports, volunteers, professionals, community members and others.
- Administer medication according to Kerry’s Place Policy and Procedures.
- This position supports adults.
Type of Job: Part-Time
Hourly Wage/Salary: $15.57-$19.45 per hour
Hours: irregular hours per week (days, evenings, weekends, overnights, and holidays; flexibility required; as per the Collective Agreement)
Closes: September 23, 2017
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.