Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
FNTI (First Nations Technical Institute) – Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory
- Valid Transport Canada Aircraft Maintenance Engineer M1 licence
- Experience with flight school aircraft an asset (e.g. C172, PA23-250)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; outgoing, professional attitude
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and, be a part of a team
- Available to work occasional evenings and/or weekends
- FNTI provides preference to those applicants with Indigenous Ancestry. (Aboriginal Employment Preferences Policy)
FNTI is seeking an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer for our Approved Maintenance Organization in support of our First Peoples’ Aviation Technology – Flight Program.
Key responsibility’s include but are not limited to, the following:
- Performing maintenance or elementary work using the most recent methods, techniques, practices, parts, materials, tools, equipment and test apparatus, in accordance with applicable standards, practices and specifications.
- Ensures that all aircraft or aircraft component maintenance follows manufacturers recommendations as stated in Canadian Aviation Regulations
- Completing and certifying all log books, worksheets, work orders, work cards and other associated documentation
- Determining the withdrawal of aircraft from service, as required
- Recommending capital equipment requirements and upgrades
- Researching and complying with Service Bulletins, Service Letters and Airworthiness Directives, as applicable
- Performing purchasing and stores (inventory) control, including purchasing materials and supplies, in accordance with FNTI’s Finance policy and the Maintenance Policy Manual, as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
Type of Job: Full-Time
Hourly Wage/Salary: To be determined
Closes: October 26, 2018
To apply follow these instructions
Please forward your resume, including two references, by October 26, 2018 at 12:00 p.m. to:
Leah Brant, Senior HR Generalist Email: HR@fnti.net
Thank you for your interest in this position. Those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
If you require a Meta job posting translated into French, please advise the Resource and Information staff.