Administrative and Accounting Assistant
Welch LLP – Napanee, Ontario
Welch LLP is a leading full-service public accounting firm with a rich and tenured history. Established in Ottawa almost 100 years ago, Welch has evolved from a single office to become the largest locally- owned and operated firm in the region, with 12 offices and over 200 people across Ontario and Western Quebec. Welch LLP ranks as the 14th largest accounting firm in Canada.
This growth didn’t come by accident, nor should it come as a surprise… with a full suite of professional services, ranging from traditional assurance to expert business advisory, our clients respect and value the firm’s expertise and commitment to exceptional service. Welch’s clientele is as varied as the economic landscape, ranging from start-ups to large, multi-divisional privately-held companies, not-for- profit organizations and public sector entities.
Welch LLP is currently looking for an Administrative and Accounting Assistant for our Napanee office. Napanee is part of the Welch LLP – Quinte Region Practice. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work with great people and great clients, in an environment that values and fosters respect, personal and professional development, and a healthy work-life balance.
As an Administrative and Accounting Assistant within the Napanee office, you will take a hands-on role in all aspects of administration and bookkeeping. You will work closely will all members of the team including senior staff accountants and the partner and external clients. You will have an opportunity to work in an environment that builds on the strengths of every employee and promotes their professional and personal development.
The client base includes a variety of owner-managed incorporated and self-employment businesses, local government, agriculture, and not for profit sectors.
- Electronic filing of various types of information
- Arrange and coordinate meetings and events
- Maintain filing system for Partner
- Input billings, receive and record bank deposits ; petty cash entries
- Maintain various tracking records
- Maintain archiving system
- Assemble financial statements and other materials
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations, and other documents
- Co-ordinate project based work
- Review operating practices and assist in implementation of improvements where necessary
- Bookkeeping for select clients
- Data entry and assembly for personal tax returns
- Other tasks and procedures as required on an ongoing basis
- College diploma in business administration would be an asset
- 1 to 2 years’ working within a public accounting firm would be an asset
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in an administrative assistant role plus experience in bookkeeping
- Strong communication skills, both oral & written
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sage, QuickBooks and CaseWare and some tax software knowledge are an asset
- Ability to develop and maintain good relationships with clients
- Experience managing a variety of responsibilities in a professional manner
- Ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in an ever changing environment
- Ability to plan, organize, manage conflicting deadlines, and set priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work accurately
- General business knowledge
- Ability to work overtime during tax busy season
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your cover letter and resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Administrative and Accounting Assistant.”
Welch LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Visit the Welch LLP website to learn more about the firm: www.welchllp.com
Welch LLP is an independent member of BKR International, a global association of professional accounting firms: www.bkr.com
Type of Job: Permanent Full-Time
Hourly Wage/Salary: Based on experience
Hours: Full time hours
Closes: May 1, 2018
The information contained in this job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. META Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.