The Canada-Ontario Job Grant gives eligible businesses funding to help train workers. No one knows better that you, the employer, what skills your team needs to succeed.
How much funding can I get?
The Grant will fund a minimum of two-thirds of a worker’s eligible training costs, to a maximum of $10,000 per trainee / per training event. Employers with 50 or fewer workers may be entitled to additional funding. Eligible training costs include tuition and fees, textbooks and materials. You contribute the remaining costs, and employ the worker you train.
Is any business eligible for funding?
Individual businesses, not-for-profits and business organizations can apply for one or several training events.
Broader public sector organizations, government agencies or Canada-Ontario Job Grant service providers are not eligible. Also, you can’t apply if you’re already receiving government funding to train the same worker.
Who provides the training?
What are the requirements?
Your business must:
- Contribute at least one-third of training costs
- Employ the worker you plan to train
- Be licensed to operate in Ontario
- Have insurance, and comply with labour and human rights legislation
- Also, the training and the job must be in Ontario.
Who can get training?
- Have an employer to sponsor them
- Be a resident of Ontario
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected person
- Not be already taking full-time education or training
If you want to hire and train through the Grant, Meta can help connect you with workers.
Why should I train my workers?
Training can improve business performance, profit and staff morale. If you want to give your business the benefits of workplace training, this grant is for you.
- call Meta at 613-966-9069 and ask to speak with one of our Job Developers for more information