META’s current Board of Directors includes:
Chairperson – Nancy Roberts
Treasurer – Gord Leverton
Secretary – Rosemary Rooke
Director – Luisa Bowry
Director – Deanna Dulmage
Director – Bruce Maitland
Director – Gena Hughes
Director – Katie Cudmore
Director – Jackie Redmond
META’s Board of Directors is actively seeking passionate, diverse, and experienced board members to contribute to the expertise and leadership of META.
META provides employment services in the Quinte and Durham regions to help facilitate a more resilient, vibrant and ever-changing community. We envision a community that supports competitive and diverse employment for all individuals. We will continue to transform while providing current resources that reflect all facets linked to career goals.
Integrity & Ethics: We provide honest, quality service while maintaining and adhering to confidentiality.
Excellence: We provide prompt, courteous and superior customer service.
Respect: We are committed to fairness and compassion in our interactions with others.
Innovation: We support continuous self-development and improvement in our work.
Accessibility: We ensure the equality of all individuals, regardless of ethnic origin, race, gender, age or disability through equal access to resources and services.
Community Engagement: We actively engage the community and work collaboratively with other community service providers.
Leadership: We foster leadership and we use our expertise to influence positive social and economic change.
Through various programs funded by both the Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities and the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services, we offer the following broad suite of services:
- Free public access to job search resources and workshops through our Resource & Information Centre.
- One-to-one assistance for job seekers, including: career counselling, job search assistance, resume writing, financial assistance, self-marketing assistance, preparation for employment, on-the-job coaching and monitoring
- Specialized programs and expertise to support job seekers who live with significant barriers to employment, including all kinds of disabilities
- Providing financial assistance to youth who are starting their first-ever job
- Providing financial incentives for employers to encourage the hiring and retention of youth
- Assisting local businesses to assess their needs, post jobs, and pre-screen applicants, and
- Providing financial assistance for local businesses for the training and development of their employees
We are looking for Board Members from the Quinte or Durham regions who have knowledge, skills, abilities, and other traits in any of the following areas:
- Nonprofit / Charity Governance
- Strategic and Annual Planning
- Organizational Performance Management
- Risk Management
- Finance / Accounting
- Human Resources / Succession Planning / Law
- Industry Knowledge (Social Services, Employment, Disabilities)
- Communications / Public Relations
- Government / Funder Relations
- Information Technology
- French Language Proficiency is an asset
Interested in learning more about this opportunity?
Call our Executive Director at 613-966-9069 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can apply using Board Member Application Form