Our Mission and Vision
META provides employment services to help facilitate a more resilient, vibrant, and ever-changing community. We envision a community that supports competitive and diverse employment for all individuals. We will continue to transform while providing current resources that reflect all facets linked to career goals in order to make that vision come to life.
Integrity / Ethics
We provide honest, quality service while maintaining and adhering to confidentiality.
We provide prompt, courteous and superior customer service.
We are committed to fairness and compassion in our interactions with others.
We support continuous self-development and improvement in our work.
We ensure the equality of all individuals, regardless of ethnic origin, race, gender, age or disability through equal access to resources and services.
We actively engage the community and work collaboratively with other community service providers.
We foster leadership and we use our expertise to influence positive social and economic change.
We offer a number of services funded in part by the Government of Ontario and the Government of Canada.
- Bi-lingual services
- Free and confidential access to job search and career exploration resources in our Resource & Information Centre, no appointment required!
- Free and low-cost workshops to improve your career prospects
- Youth Job Link funding for job seekers under 30 who are starting their first ever job
- A team of dedicated Employment Ontario and ODSP Employment Supports Counsellors, Job Developers, and Job Coaches to help you find and maintain sustainable employment
- Mock interviews to help boost your confidence
- Assessments to help you identify the career that’s right for you
- Referrals to other community resources that are happy to hear from you
- Help with developing and posting your job ads on our online and in-house job boards
- Promotion of your positions through our social media
- Collection and pre-screening of resumes
- Access to employment and training incentives and grants, including the Canada-Ontario Job Grant
- Employer information sessions and job-fairs
- Interview space
- Professional development and workshops for your staff
For the Community:
- Information and referrals to community resources
- Professional development and workshops for community agencies
- Information booths at community events and career fairs
- Sponsorship of community events and sports teams
- If you know of a community event we should be involved in, please contact us
META has been working with employers and job seekers throughout the Quinte Region since 1981.
- META was established in 1979, as a registered charity
- Worked extensively with many corporations in assisting with company downsizing
- Some of the services we have offered in the past include:
- National pilot program to provide Job Finding Clubs for older workers
- Canada Pension Plan, Vocational Rehabilitation Initiative
- Canadian Agricultural Skills Service
- Provincial Labour Adjustment services
- Customized training for First Nations groups
- Comprehensive vocational program for social assistance recipients
What Sets Us Apart
- Client-focused service
- Extensive knowledge of local labour market
- Knowledge of disability accommodation
- Matching employers with an experienced pool of candidates